Saturday, September 14, 2013

Bedtime Super Powers

I just want to take a moment and praise bedtimes.

I detested bedtimes growing up, and perhaps I still do. But only for myself.

For kids? BRING IT.

Emma has had a loosely structured bedtime since she started sleeping through the night. It has become necessary to establish a strict bedtime, and the results have been soooooooooo amazing. I love having the evenings to spend with Darren.

Tonight I babysat a family for the second time ever, and for the second time, I was able to witness the fruits of that effort. These kids have a strict bedtime, and even though they still try to push the limits (albeit not as hard with me as I'm sure they do with their mother), they go to bed more or less when they are supposed to. Emma also slept, just like she is supposed to.

Even though I can't take credit for these obedient kiddos, I feel like I have super powers because they were ALL in bed by 8 o'clock.

It is my sincerest wish that this kind of evening order will be something that I can establish and maintain for my children the entire time they are growing up (within reason). It is so darn peaceful. I love it.

No comments: